Welcome to St. Margaret of Scotland Parish
Good News! Our Church is open for all Weekend Masses!
Mass via teleconferencing at 11:00 a.m. every Sunday.
Please call 1-708-381-1120 to join.
Receive Holy Communion in the safety of your car:
Beginning Sunday, June 28th, all are welcome to come and park in the St. Margaret of Scotland Parking lot for the 11:00 a.m. Mass. Mass will be held inside the church, but, if you prefer to remain in your car and listen on your phone via teleconference, Fr. Donald will come out to the parking lot to distribute communion to you. Please park in the spots between the church and the school and give a wave out your driver window when you see Fr. Donald so he will know to come to your car.
Please be mindful that the dispensation from public Mass still holds in the Archdiocese. You are not required to come to church. If you are immune-compromised or in a higher-risk category or if you are not feeling well in any way, we encourage you to stay home and be safe. Father Donald, or one of our parish priests, will continue to celebrate Mass via teleconferencing at 11:00 a.m. every Sunday, Please call 1-708-381-1120 to join.
NEW PROCEDURES FOR MASS ATTENDEES:
1. Reservations will be required for ALL Masses. We have set up an online reservation system with SignUpGenius.com, you will not need to have an account with this website to register for Mass. However, you will be asked for your name, phone number, email address and the number of people from your household who will be attending together.
To Register: Click on button at the end of this list or call the Parish Office at 773-779-5151 to reserve your seat.
2. If you have a fever or feel ill, please do not come to church.
3. Strict social distancing will be observed for these Masses.
4. Please enter through the parking lot doors only.
5. Entry will be granted to those registered first, if space is available, registration at the door may be possible.
6. Throughout your time in the Church you must wear a mask that you provide, we do have a small supply of masks if needed.
7. Parishioners will be greeted, and hand sanitizer provided.
8. You will be directed to specific seating in the Church. We ask that you do not move from your assigned seating. (Apologies to everyone who has a favorite seat, Arch guidelines dictate First In, First Out. Also, consider bringing a sweater, it can get breezy.)
9. Hymnals will not be provided, parishioner singing is not allowed. We ask that you to take home any worship aids you bring.
10. Collection baskets will not be passed. Offerings may be left in the basket inside the church, and, thank you!
11. You will be directed for the reception of Communion.
12. At the end of Mass you will be dismissed by the usher and must exit the church immediately following Mass.
No congregating inside or outside the church is allowed during this time to keep everyone safe.
As we see what works well, and, as we get the volunteers we need to serve, we will determine our readiness to increase the number of parishioners we can accommodate in accordance with safety guidelines.
Monday - Friday Mass: 8:30 a.m.
Saturday: 4:30 p.m.
Sunday: 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
FOR INFORMATION ON HELPING OUR SCHOOL CHILDREN, VISIT THE TAX CREDIT SCHOLARSHIPS PAGE AT smoschicago.org/tax-credit-scholarship-matching-gift/